Northeast Oregon Joint Information Center Daily Update: March 18, 2020
La Grande, Oregon- As of March 18, 2020 there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Baker, Union, or Wallowa counties. Union County Commissioners have declared a State of Emergency. This declaration allows for certain emergency authorities if needed.
The list below is the latest information on closures in the region as they have been reported to the counties and is subject to change. This is not a comprehensive list of closures. If you have any questions about the status of an office, please call that organization and check with them. Newly announced closures are underlined below.
Baker County Closures:
• Sheriff’s Office lobby is closed
o Appointments may be made for Concealed Handgun Licenses, boat registrations, fingerprints, civil paper service, and record requests. To make an appointment please call (541)523-6415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All jail visits have been suspended
• YMCA locations are closed
• OSU Extension Office is closed to the public. Staff can be reached via phone, email or web conference.
• U.S. Forest Service Baker City Office is available by appointment only. Please contact (541)523-6391 or sm.fs.wwnf-webmail.usda.gov
• Baker County Community Connections dining hall is closed. Meals can still be picked up.
Union County Closures:
• Union County Community Connections dining hall is closed. Meals can still be picked up.
• Union County Senior Center exercise and card groups are canceled
• City of La Grande Public Library
• Classes at Veteran’s Memorial Pool
• City of La Grande-all committee and commission meetings
• City of La Grande
o Youth Basketball remaining practices and games
o Adult Basketball remaining games and end of season tournament
o Women’s Volleyball remaining games and end of season tournament
o Doggie Easter Egg Hunt
o Mariners Game Excursion
o Tri-Cities Americans Hockey Excursion
o Spring Break Camp
• U.S. Forest Service La Grande Ranger District Office
• Grande Ronde Hospital is implementing a No Visitors policy beginning March 18
• Union County Public Works is open for phone calls and is open to the public by appointment only.
• City of La Grande Offices. Patrons asked to conduct transactions remotely.
• Social Security Office
Wallowa County Closures:
• City of Joseph offices
• City of Enterprise library is open by appointment
• Wallowa Memorial Hospital is screening all visitors and staff for entry into hospital or clinics
• U.S. Forest Service Wallowa Mountains Office is available by appointment only
• Wallowa County Courthouse is open by appointment only
Many local school districts are offering sack lunches for pickup for kids 18 and younger.
• Haines Elementary School Lunch 12:00 to 12:30 pm
• Brooklyn Primary Breakfast 7:30 am to 8:30 am, Lunch 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
• South Baker Breakfast 7:30 am to 8:30 am, Lunch 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
• Baker High School Breakfast 7:30 am to 9:30 am, Lunch 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
• Huntington School District March 16-19th 9-11 a.m., March 30-31st 9-11 a.m.
*meals will be distributed in the school cafeteria but must be consumed off property
*meals will NOT be provided over the regularly scheduled Spring Break (March 23-26th)
• Pine Eagle School District March 16-19th 12-1 p.m., March 23-26th 12-1 p.m. March 30-31st 12-1 p.m.
*meals will be distributed at Oxbow School, Halfway Elementary, and Richland Elementary/Library parking lots
• North Powder School District will have free food available for our North Powder students Monday, March 16 through Thursday, March 19, as well as Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, March 31. A sack lunch will be given out the back doors of the cafeteria between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM on those days.
• La Grande: If your child lives in La Grande, they can get a grab and go meal from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM March 16 through March 20 at the front entrance at Island City Elementary, Central Elementary and Greenwood Elementary.
• Union School District will have sack lunches available for anyone under 18 years old March 16-19. There are currently no plans for Spring Break.
• Elgin School District will have will have sack breakfast and lunch available for students March 16-19. The Thursday Backpack Program will continue for students who were previously signed up. Back Pack Program foods can be picked up Thursday March 19th.
• Cove School District will have sack lunches available for anyone under 18 years old March 16-19. There are currently no plans for Spring Break.
• Imbler School District will have sack lunches available for anyone under 18 years old March 16-19. There are currently no plans for Spring Break.
• Wallowa, Enterprise and Joseph are offering lunch pickup a